Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sad times...

For my long time readers, you will remember Sarah's friend through high school Patrick. I always laughed at Sarah, who refused to have a "boyfriend", but had a great friend in Patrick. Patrick and Sarah did actually date for several years, parting the summer before college. Patrick's wonderful parents were part of Sarah's life for a long time. I think as parents we realize that other adults do actually influence our children and in this case that was true.

Over the weekend Patrick's father was killed in an accident. It is so hard to face such loss and I cannot imagine at such a young age. I was talking to Scott Sunday and we talked about the fact that so many young men don't realize the gift a good father is until they are fathers themselves. Patrick knew he had an awesome dad, and appreciate him.

Tonight is visitation. Scott will be out of town (actually visiting Zack for the first time since he went into his new home). It will be me Sarah, Caleb, Jacob and John visiting. Sweet Paden is watching the crew (he is a really good guy!!)!!

I read this not to long ago and I am struck by the truth in the words. We sorrow for what we love so much!


When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ~Kahlil Gibran



Praying for the Jones family as they live with the loss of Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment