This morning on the way to school we were stopped for several minutes waiting to make a turn when Rosie saw a truck for sale beside us. Before I go any further....this is the way my girls were sitting:
Tasha (first row)
Mercedez(middle first row)
Rosie (window seat first row)
BLUE TRUCK (side of road and for sale)
Rosie asked, "Is that truck old fashioned?"
I replied, "It is an antique, probably built in the 1960's."
Tasha, "So it's just old fashioned."
Me again, "Yes it is old, but new things can be fashioned to look old. That truck is an antique and very old and if could be considered old fashioned. You could wear a bonnet that was your grandmothers from long long ago and it would be an antique and the fashion would be old. But we could also make aprons and bonnets (like we did for Mercedez and Rosie) that are old fashioned and new."
We had pulled out and were down the road a little bit when Mercedez said, "what truck?" Blond is really not just a hair color, for some? It is a mode of thought:)
I dropped everyone off and Seth was the last out of the van. He told me he loved me (because he is still little and still does that in public) and jumped out to head up the walkway. I smiled at his hair bouncing (it is hard to image my Seth with long hair after 5 years of buzz) and I continued watching him, his grey hoodie and jeans and then......his feet.....FLIP FLOPS. I rolled down the window and said, "Seth Smotherman, were are your shoes?" This was somewhat surprising because he had a sock melt down this morning so I knew he had not forgotten. He looked down and up and was caught (he loves flip flops and cleats). I motioned him back and he climbed in. I started my "where are your shoes?" conversation as we drove home. He went in and retrieved his sock and shoes and we headed back to school. He was 4 minutes late. I don't think he will pull that again. It reminded me of Caleb in 4th grade. I had a terrible time getting him to wear socks! He would try the sneaking thing. I am much better at the "noticing" in my later years:)
Thinking about blonds and their moments I thought about this picture. I missed the "I Heart Faces" post this week. It was a PINK one for Breast Cancer, as this month is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I had this picture...not very very pink (only a bit on my shirt). It was taken 15 years ago. My sister Stacy was in the hospital for a chemo treatment. She died of breast cancer Christmas Day 1995. I think of her so very often, this month especially. She is one of my Heaven rewards...you know those people you know will just be the icing on the cake, the extra credit points, and perhaps one of the greatest blessings Heaven will offer Christians....those we love!

i think chelsea looks like the exact mix of both of you <3
ReplyDelete:) Stacy would have loved to hear that! Most people say Chelsea looks like me and Sarah like Stacy. Sarah looks a lot like Stacy and acts a lot like her too. That would really tickle Stacy!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the comment:)