Friday, October 30, 2009

Perspective!

Claudia's post which Cindy brought to my attention this morning was something I needed to read. I needed that said to me again. I agree. I know the hard road is yucky. This morning I drive back to Memphis to pick up Sam for a TTV (weekend pass). It will be my 3rd trip to Memphis this week. I will have spent 20 ours driving this week to attend to the concerns of two children. There are just 168 hours in a week. If I spent ten hours a week with each of my children and in this case those 20 hours were not spent with any of my children(just me and the car traveling to see them for 1 hour).... But back to the "if I spent 10 hours with every child this week?" I would need at least two extra days in my week.

That thought is a bit depressing to me. I've really been tired; even sad, glum, "feel sorry for myself" this week. I suppose I could blame the rain for making me feel that way, but it would be like blaming the sun for shining...it's just rain and I just choose my behaviors.

I needed to read Claudia's
".....Christ Jesus, who took the difficult road that we might be adopted into God’s family. He didn’t seek the path of least resistance. No, he carried a cross (and stumbled) down a path to a hill called Golgotha. He took the path that led to nails piercing through skin, muscles, tendons, and bones. He took the difficult way so that we who trust him could become his brothers and sisters and sons and daughters of God. The Father adopted us at the great cost of his son’s life."

Yikes! Kinda puts it all into perspective doesn't it? Just what the Doctor (or perhaps I should say "Savior") ordered!

No comments:

Post a Comment