Thursday, December 23, 2010




Christmas will come a day early at the Smotherman house. In the morning we will wake and have our family tome together. After lunch we have Sam's intensive yada yada yada guy coming for yet another visit. After that we hope to pack up the trailer and be ready to head out early Christmas morning. Visions of family all in my head....I am so ready for Christmas:)

Today I have talked to my two sons whom I will not see the Christmas. I talked this morning for 34 minutes to Caleb. I try to be very positive for Caleb, but frankly, being away from home at Christmas, being in Afghanistan is just yucky. No nice way to say it. I miss Caleb. We all miss Caleb. We have 3 months (almost to the day) until he his on his way back to Germany and then...BIG leave home. So, suffice to say, part of my Christmas will be arriving late:)

I also talked to Zack. I cried. I can change nothing. I love the guy. He loves Scott and I. Wish wishing really worked. Wish I could wish away the troubles of this life. Sadly, it just doesn't work that way. Life can be so hard and while we treasure family so much at this time of the year? Family is equally loved, cherished and enjoyed on EVERY day of the year. I will always love Zack even though he is not here.

Merry Christmas to all:) Hope you and yours enjoy the blessing God has given you!!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your family photo--BEAUTIFUL.

    I showed my husband and said, "this is what it looks like to have 21 children."

    :-)

    Blessings and joy this Christmas,
    S

    ReplyDelete