Thursday, April 7, 2011

Between trips...



This week has been so very very busy (haha...as most are). We began with Sam back in school. The week has gone fairly smoothly with his school. I find that Sam is just plain old defiant. In the smallest of things, likely because we have been so careful about what is allowed in order to keep Sam's behavior contained. He has stood face to face with me arguing several times. He has antagonized nearly everyone. Today as I sat in the van waiting on Seth's baseball practice to be done Nina's ESL teacher (who is a fellow baseball mom) walked over to talk. Nina has made such big improvements in her language skills!!! As we talked I could hear Sam arguing with my two youngest girls....why? He was throwing things at them. Of course he was 'just kidding'. Lita, who is rarely angry at anyone, was pulled into the melee too after being hit in the side of the head. It is CONSTANT!

With that behavior coupled with some more issues I will not place here, Scott has decided to not go this weekend with myself and the kids to Country Place (Youth Group Retreat). Most people really don't understand our concerns with Sam....it will be easier for Scott to be home. He will be teaching the Junior and Senior High Bible Class Sunday morning.

In the midst of craziness I love "seeing" the way our family works. I know this big family works well, not perfectly (whose does?!), but it is pleasing! Tonight I smiled as I watched Scott walk up and get Ryan from baseball practice. He also picked up two brothers who play on his team (one of whom is on Ryan's team too). He walked with those boys (and our boys) and talked with them. He put their baseball bags in the truck and went on to the game before me. At the game ...which we won....he was wonderful:) I love seeing him help those boys, all of them! So many of his boys do not have father figures at home, I know they are blessed by Scott's calm leadership. I love watching Jacob co-coach with Scott, I smile as I watch him emulate his dad. It is just so pleasing to me!!



Tonight, with games and practices and all the normal crazies I could not go with Mercedez to her Cheer Banquet. Sarah, in a huge way, stepped up and went with her. Sarah took great pictures and even promised to guest blog about Ms Harrington's talk to the girls (which Sarah thought was great). Hopefully that will come later?

Scott and our middle schoolers went to see Tasha play tonight. She is a big old funny mess!!




I sat with Rosie at the Senior Play. Or rather she sat a couple of seats down with me at the play with her buddies.



I had so much fun watching John do such and incredible job!! It was a great play (perhaps one of the best I have seen in years). I know John will have lots of great memories from the hours he spent practicing and performing!!






I found this note and laughed!



This is Seth's list of building materials for the tree house he is dreaming of with Caleb. I sure wish his pricing was true! lol:)


Yesterday John bought these wonderful berries and Sarah dipped them and decorated them (sorry I pictured before that part!) for John's AP English class. John is a good guy to actually remember to take something...and Sarah is a good sister to make it for him:)



On that sweet note I shall head to bed! Tomorrow I have much to do! I will be traveling with the youth group, a much different trip that my one last weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I was just commenting yesterday to my children--on how well they do in loving one another and getting along, what a gift.

    Some people "think" that our children resent being in such a large family, we have never seen a trace of such an attitude.

    God is so good.

    Blessings and a hug,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete