Monday, April 18, 2011

Mercedez Cheer Banquet! By: Sarah








I spent my whole life avoiding most everything that had to do with cheerleading. I mean I can stand and act silly and cheer in the stands! Why would you want to do that in front of a lot of people? Anyways, I had the (insert sarcastic voice) privaledge of going to Mercedez's Cheerleading banquet. Right when I thought I was experiencing the worst night of my life... Ms. Tammy came in and told us we were having butterfinger cake for dessert. I mean I know A LOT of people who would go to any kind of banquet for butterfinger cake. The cake had to have had drugs in it because by the end of the night I had actually had a good time! Ms. Tammy, Mercedez's cheer coach, gave a wonderful christian speech about honor.
H-onesty. She talked about how important honesty is in being honorable and about the right things.
O-wnership. You have to make things your own and be responsible for you own actions.
N-O!!! She talked about learning to say no to peer pressure.
O-n task about the right things!
R-espect. Respect is a very important part of being honorable. You must respect yourself and others.
I enjoyed Ms. Tammy's speech so much! She is a WONDERFUL role model for those girls!! People like her in the school system rarely exist anymore! Im so glad my little sister had someone like her to look up to for a year! I hope that Mercedez is very appreciative and thankful for the coach Ms. Tammy has been to her this year.
.......... Im beginning to think Ms. Tammy could not have been a former Cheerleader... lol

- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment