Friday, April 22, 2011

CALEB!




We waited on Caleb at the Atlanta Airport....we being those people above plus me and Scott. Last August was a LONG time ago and we were so excited! Especially me (I can say that because I cannot speak for anyone else..lol)!!

Then we spotted him.....


Caleb did not travel in uniform (which Sarah said made the homecoming not nearly as tearful). I was not teary (surprisingly) I was so thankful and happy to have him here...I imagine tears when I take him back to the airport!



In a crazy twist of fate, Lisa Johnson, whose husband is the minister at the PTC Church and so dear a friend of Chelsea and Bo, was traveling back into Atlanta and Chelsea saw her. We talked and she waited with us. She has a son and daughter-in-law who are also in the military. She took the above picture and was so kind to Caleb too. Very special to be able to share your joy with others!!

Of course we took these pictures too:











Then we got his bag and headed home!!




We did stop at the Chick Fil A Dwarf House (a first for Scott and I). It was so nice to be able to share the first hour or so with Chelsea and Bo too! In spite of the long drive we were so glad to be close enough to have them with us!

Now we're just enjoying!!!

2 comments: