I was so very blessed to be in Murfeesboro Saturday and Sunday with Scott's Parents. It is always a special treat for us ALL to be there:)
Sarah and my 10 Indians were all with us. My big boys, who had to work were dispersed to friends for the weekend. Scott's mom is one of the most wonderful mothers in the whole world, and in turn she is one incredible mother-in-law! One of my greatest blessings in this life:)
Personally I had a beautiful day. I can say that with my children I have never and likely will never (haha...as long as I have children at home) have a day where I am called on to "do nothing". Kinda always makes me wonder who put Mother's Day on a Sunday?? TONS of work goes into Sundays if you have children. I still had to get up, get children dressed, find shoes, listen to fussing, do girls hair, quiet boys, go to church (which was a special joy to be in Murfreesboro! LOVED the lessons!), fix food (even food bought ahead)...we had Whit's BBQ....it all has to be warmed, brought to the table, cleaned up, washed, put away, snacks and desserts served (yummy!! Thank you Janet!)....the day goes on. I even had to drive home with tired fussing children (which is why my music was so loud I could not hear my phone ring!). I did have a great day...but for those (and I suppose it is possible) who have a day of "do nothing"? All I can say is "wow" and I am very impressed! :)
In truth, mothering is a joy and a blessing every single day. Some of my best moments have been in the middle of trials, of hard work. It is a mother's place to love, guide and lead.... I suppose the day I have nothing to do I will be sitting on my park bench in Heaven:) This year that was not the case...this year I was with my family, the sweetest place on earth!!
No comments:
Post a Comment