I find myself every summer thinking that "this summer is going to be different"! lol:) This year it is, this year it has to be. Our summer will last a full 3 months, until after Labor Day. We will have more than 90 days at home.... 2,160 hours....and I am NOT counting the minutes and seconds. So this summer I intend to get things done, to have a reading program, to play lots and spent a great deal of time on a few of my children's behavioral needs (...aka...revamping some attitudes!).
Today Tasha was slightly miffed that I would actually ask her to do chores. Good grief, what was I thinking!? After sending her to her room she came to the end of the hall twice to ask "Can I come out now?". I, each time, said, "Why?" Her reply was a simple whiny, "I'm bored". I would say "No you may not." The last time she said to me, "I was in my room doing fine, I came out and you made everything bad again." Mother's everywhere likely see the need for behavioral modification....mainly ownership, respect and ATTITUDE. For now, she can think I am crazy. I understand, better than her, that I am going to be making lots of life "Bad" until she catches on! I am certainly fine with that:)
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yikes, we haven't started summer vacation here yet - but I'm not looking forward to it - thanks to a couple of very challenging kids who don't seem to be catching onto the idea that they are not the center of the universe. Attitude is so...important!!!
ReplyDelete