Monday, August 9, 2010

Caleb's Thoughts

Caleb wanted to share his thoughts:) So I am turning the "floor" (aka blog) over to him for a post!


Hello everyone, My name is Caleb Holt Smotherman and I am Amanda Smotherman's Soldier Son. I have decided that I would blog just to see what it feels like to put all my thoughts about life onto the inter webs without status updates on facebook. This way I am not limited to a certain amount of letters, numbers, and what not I can use. I can type all I want.

First things first, If you do not already know, My mom is better than your Mom. Just wanted to go ahead and put that out there so that you won't have to come to realize it on your own later.

Me and my Mom go way back. We are about to have our 20 year anniversary (my birthday). I will be in Afghanistan for this special time in mine and my mothers life but I will be sure not to turn 21 until I get back. So that we can spend that Birthday together instead.

While in Afghanistan, I read my Mom's blog whenever I get free time just to keep up with what I can that's going on at home. Without this Blog I would never know what to expect when I got home! Without this Blog I might have never known that My little brother Danny "Porkchop" Smotherman was living his life to "fullest"....in our Kitchen. I would never have known that my sister Sarah had finally found a guy that she would "claim" in public as her boyfriend. No offense towards you Paden if you are reading. And most importantly I would never have realized how many GREAT things my family were doing on the other side of the world. "You'll never know how much you miss something, until you don't have it anymore." I never appreciated this statement as much as I do today. THAT one phrase sums up every feeling I have towards my wonderful family. I have never missed anyone or anything as much as I have missed my Family and the home that I grew up in. I say all of this so that you (the youngerish sibling readers) can start to appreciate the smaller things in life, the blessings that fill your lives everyday. Don't figure this out on your own. Don't waste the time you have now neglecting your family. Embrace what time you have been given and share it with the ones who YOU mean most to.

Now that I've had my spill, I'll go. Don't judge me as a person by this blog. I'm a rookie. I'm not as awesome at this as my mother. She's been practicing for a long time.

3 comments:

  1. Tell Caleb he did a great job. Lots of wisdom in that young mind...maybe he takes after his parents?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great guy, Caleb. My kids look up to you and wait for updates from Amanda's blog to hear how you are doing. We are so proud of you! And you are right - your mom is an awesome, incredible mother. I pay attention to how she runs your family and I try to imitate her in so many ways. She is so proud of you. You ROCK, Caleb!

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caleb,

    I have been friends with your mom since we were in the 7th grade...yes, believe it or not, we were that young at one time. And I want you to know that she was always this special...always. She has been a true friend to me over the years and is undoubtedly the most loyal person I know. She is so proud of you, young Caleb, and I cannot tell you how happy I am that you not only see that, but appreciate it. I also want you to know that I pray for you daily, so when you get lonesome or down-trodden, remember that there are people who are thinking of you. And also remember, I have three daughters...you know, when you decide you want to settle down. ;)

    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete