Today all my children, except Daniel are in school. It's been a quiet morning. It's been a productive morning. I don't mean to imply I am never productive, I just think it depends on what "productive" is to you. If all my children are home it usually implies snacks, dinner, clean up (at very least monitoring clean-up), referring, settling disputes, running here and there for appointments and practices.... all that "why I'm a mom stuff". Today though? I washed clothes, ironed clothes, made stacks of clean nice clothes (hidden away in the laundry room in neat cubbies) for my children who will tomorrow lament that they have NOTHING to wear. I have washed 7 pairs of shoes that no one in my house can wear, but I intend to share. I have put together clothes for a couple of people I pass to. I drank my coke and talking for an hour to my little brother on the phone. I did fix Daniel's breakfast and snack, got him ready to go eat lunch with Dustin and Harvie and went to buy him new school shoes too. All these things came after getting 11 children out the door to school. But, the peaceful quiet of my home, the humming of the dryer, the rumble of the dishwashers, the radio Tasha and Bella so obviously left on this morning...all peacefully nice sounds. I have less than 2 hours before that level of peace changes. The tune of my house in full swing is music all by itself...lol...but only if you like rock:)
On days like today I can breathe in and out without interruption. I can think a whole thought or loose that whole thought all by myself. I do love having my children home, truly. But, I am a huge believer in moderation...and days like today throw that scale back into balance:)
Hope you all have a great week!
Monday, August 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment