Yesterday she was elected to the Freshman Student Council:) She was so surprised and excited. John (Student Council President) says she will WORK! But, Mercedez isn't afraid to work and I know she will have lots of fun.
This morning her dad took her (and I followed later) to test for her permit. She passed!! In our household she lived up to a big "GIRL" standard...all my girls that have tested have passed the first time. The boy standard is only held by one...John...only one brother passed the first go round. hummm....except I'm not sure about Doug? He'll have to let me know. At any rate....she driving! Kinda:) As we stood in the line waiting for her licence to print the lady gave Mercedez a card with her restrictions on it. Mercedez giggled and was so happy. I told Scott we have never had a child happy over restrictions before. Scott did alter her restrictions slightly by add to the sentence "may drive with a licenced driver over the age of 21 NAMED MOM OR DAD" That's a Smotherman house rule. The first of my little people is driving...wow!
Good for her! My 18 year old boy took three tries to get his permit and failed all 8 times he took the road test.
ReplyDelete