So very concerned with this world!! I have decided there is a LARGE part of America, of the world that places it's concern in the wrong place! Time and place-- time and place-- time and place....There is a TIME for plastic surgery. I think perhaps first of Nie. I think of my friend Carrie's beautiful daughter Mercy. who just wants to look like other little girls. There are times that surgery, plastic or not, is nesscessary. It is obvious. It is needed. A must. And there are times it just isn't. How do we in this world today teach our daughters (and truthfully our sons too) to be happy with who they are? How do we teach them to love themselves? How do we show them everyday that they are special and beautiful?!
Did you know I heard of a bride who made her friend sign a contract to loose weight or she could not be in the brides wedding? Who does that? Seriously? Someone whose value is in the wrong place!! It is sad to me that someone would actually consider thier friends and the value of them based of outward appearances. But, I know it happens, often. It is one of the "worldly" things we will always deal with.
My children are all beautiful. I know it's true. I know because they are each created in the image of our Lord. They, through Jesus Christ, are made perfect.
I know the answer to the questions above are Jesus. I know when we are in His word we cannot be without understanding of the good things in life. When we allow His love to enfold us we are never alone in this world again. When our children share with others their concerns, pain, struggles, dreams and joy...I beleive they begin to see that they are not alone. The struggles of this life are not directed at ONE person. Truthfully, we ALL share struggles. I want my children to have that....to know that....to understand that...to write the Lord's words on thier hearts so they are never without faith, and especially never without value!
In this world I want my children to LOVE WHO they are! I want them to understand the blessings they are to the world. I want my children to be the kind who give back. It is in giving that they will be made strong. It is in putting others before themself that they learn true service. It is those things that put this world on it's hinges and set my children on the course of Heaven.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is just sick! I agree with your post 100% here. I am having a horrible time with a teen who is so obsessed with clothing that she just bursts into tears whenever she "loses" something by me. She argues, she negotiates, she rages. My only requirement (aside from obvious modesty in dress) is that it fit properly. I tell her that I don't care what she weighs or what size she wears, her clothes WILL FIT. So, when she started losing weight recently? Well, certain things (jeans, shorts, even sweats) were getting quite big on her and they had to go. I am in no hurry to run out and replace these items, she has PLENTY of clothes already, but she is completely obsessed with these items and it's like she's losing an arm or something. Oh, and just so you know, she is doing absolutely NOTHING to lose weight, it's just happening like magic (sprinkle some pixie dust over here, I'd like to have this problem) :0 I'm sure skipping meals and taking 1/4 the amount she used to has absolutely nothing to do with it. Since she is blameless in this, she doesn't understand why she's being punished by losing clothes (illogical??).
ReplyDeleteI wish everyone would just accept themselves as they are and not think they need extras like fancy clothes and plastic surgery to be happy.