Monday, March 14, 2011

Life

Scott's Uncle Howard, age 92, passed away last week. A more incredible man you would be hard pressed to ever find! Howard served in WWII and then worked for the VA hospital for many many years. A servant always, a Christian always, a friend always....a brother, husband, uncle, cousin, a man of many names all of which where good! He exemplified the Fruits of the spirit...truly! He will be very missed!!

We left Savannah right after school on Friday and traveled to Murfreesboro for visitation and then the funeral on Saturday morning. Friday night Chelsae and Bo came to spend some time with Grannie and Pa and visit at the funeral home with family. I so appreciate their love, the love they showed by making the effort to come and be with family. We only saw them for a few minutes, and I did spend those minutes taking pictures.






The only words for these three is MESS...as you can so obviously see:)


On Saturday morning John, Jacob and Sarah drove up to the funeral. Again, I cannot tell describe the sweetness of seeing my kiddos choosing to be there for family! I know we had "lots" of people with us, but it seems so very telling when it is truly a choice (because the little kids did not have a choice) to see my older children stepping up. I love them!!


This is a slight re-enactment of Sarah's passing out at the graveside. Pa Bill was standing beside her and she did not actually fall. The last words Sarah heard were Pa Bill's "Sarah stand up" and she said, "I thought I was standing up!". Scary for Pa who then realized she had passed out. Pretty scary for everyone!! I think it was a combination of an ear infection and locking her knees. She recovered and was silly enough to take this picture with John.


Me and my Scott, I love his so so so so much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment