It appears that the TNCare appeal we won (fair and square mind you) has been turned over by the "Directive Suggestions Unit". Seriously, a judge ordered it all and some crazy "Unit" just said, "nope". All that time, work, money....all that investment and now? Now we have to go get Sam..Tomorrow. They wanted us to come today, but were kind enough to wait until tomorrow.
It is with much guilt, but I am still going on my retreat. I so want to visit and in all truthfulness, if Sam is coming home? I will seriously need the recharge!!!
I spent all afternoon sending email and printing applications and going to pick up faxes. I am frustrated. We have several christian level 2 group homes we are aware of, yet in my frustration today I ranted to Scott that they have all "sold out" to money. IF Sam were a state pay? Beds pop up everywhere! But with Sam being private? Those beds are all gone and the waiting lists are so long we might seek help elsewhere. Scott talked to me about sitting down with one such children's home worker and seeking help. I am now finding myself really realistic. IF we call and they don't have a bed? I would be wasting my time to go chat...should they find a bed after our chatting? I think I would be 10 times as offended!! Not how Christians should behave! I am simply sad. I am happy to say that while he majority of Church of Christ Children's home are fully supported by the State, we have been extremely blessed that the Baptist Children's home is not(HUGE blessing that continues to benefit Carlton).
I understand the money aspect, truly. But I feel it's like spending all the church money on feeding the poor but never feeding those members, those Christians, who are hungry! THAT is sad (and I feel simply wrong...but that is my opinion).
I will be on R & R and Scott will be in overdrive. What a great husband to send me on!!
No comments:
Post a Comment