Saturday, April 3, 2010

Caleb's on his way....

I have over the last few weeks talked to Caleb nearly everyday. That neato phone plan came in very handy! It was a blessing to me. As I talked to him yesterday sharing Samisms(which make Caleb laugh...the whole reason I shared), Caleb said, "Mom, I had rather be where I am than were you are." I quickly reminded him of his impending change in location and he still said, "Seriously, you are a great mom! But I had rather be headed to Afghanistan that dealing with Sam." I think he was serious. I would be hard pressed to argue very long. Sam is a mess. But, thankfully Sam's situation is going to work out and now I can focus my prayers on my Caleb.

I have people say all day long, "God will keep him safe Amanda!" You know, God will be with Caleb. God does have a plan, God knows the future, and it is my place in this life to abide by His will. The unknown is always before us. I am content and I am at peace knowing that Caleb will be fine, for God is with him where-ever he may travel.

Today is already way past bedtime in Afghanistan. Caleb is there and likely in bed. I spoke to him last night about 11:30 pm (it was already morning in Germany and he was getting ready to take a bus to the airport).Caleb is in a new world, far removed from all he has known yet nothing he has not been trained to know and endure. May God bless Caleb and speed the time until I see him again!

No comments:

Post a Comment