Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Our Anniversary


I woke Sunday to these beautiful flowers on the table. It was mine and Scott's 23rd anniversary:) That is 8395 days, 201,480 hours, 12,088,800 minutes....hummm...that's a lot longer than it was a year ago! Time sure does fly when you're having fun, it also flies when you're busy....we've been both.

Over the weekend Paden and Sarah babysat while Scott and I went out to dinner and a movie. Dinner was awesome, not sure we have ever eaten all you can eat crab legs and the whole meal (for both of us) been on $25. Thank you Jacob for sharing your favorite place with us!

Afterwards we watched the silly movie "Date Night". Yesterday Scott and I talked some about the false images TV and movies give out. In this movie some of the couples friends were divorcing because they were, "only perfect roommates" and since they didn't have any spark(my word) they decided to divorce. The question in the movie seemed to resound, "Are we only good roommates?"

I do dislike Hollywood for this kind of image. I really believe the perfect roommate was AS IT SHOULD BE. As husbands and wives we should be awesome roommates. We should know each others wants and thoughts, we should respect each other and we should be the best of friends....That spark should be there but it cannot be the focus of the marriage....it can't be the whole.

If sex is all there is to marriage then everyone is in trouble! There are times, in sickness and other times and other circumstances that sex will be compromised....due to "life". I agree sparks can be the beginning of relationships, they can also be fleeting, they can burn out. There better the some real flames...in the heart and soul(through commitment and love)! When struggles come, when you feel all is lost, your husband/wife should be there with you, for the right reasons.

Stuart Briscoe said.....

Human love says "I love you if....."
Gods love says "I love you even if..."


As married couples we must strive to be like Christ, to love like Christ loves and loved. With that should be the "I love you even if...." for each other. Human love is NOT enough for us in this worldly time. We must strive to be what God intends for us to be for each other...helpmates:) There were no guidelines to that ...so I am assuming God meant in all things!

I am, as I begin my 24th year of marriage, so very thankful for the wonderful Godly man my Lord blessed me with:)

No comments:

Post a Comment