Pretty simple...three ingredients...
BUTTER......RITZ CRACKERS.....Boneless Skinless Chicken
Step ONE:
The butter will look like this.....
Melt the butter (a microwave will do a great job) and it is ready when it looks like this...........
For those health conscience. You can use Smart Choice or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and they do a good job too.
Step TWO:
Put the crackers in a bowl. They will look like this:
Crumble the crackers until they look like this:
As with the butter you can substitute Original Ritz with the Whole Wheat Ritz (remember it will be a little darker and just because it is golden brown does not mean it's done...check first!), you can also use the reduced fat Ritz. I have used both and it worked out well:)
Step THREE:
The chicken needs to be trimmed and I cut it into "tender size" pieces. It cooks quicker and is a better serving size. You can buy the tenders already cut, they just cost more. The chicken will look like this....
Step FOUR:
Dip a single piece of chicken in the butter, then roll it in the crackers and lay it in a Pyrex (or any dish you wish to use). It will look like this......
Bake in the oven on 350* 30-45 minutes. It will be golden brown. You can prepare ahead of time and store (I don't store more than 24 hours) in the fridge. If you do, remember the dish and chicken will be cold and might take an extra 10 minutes to cook.
** Note I did not use measurements. For two chicken breast I would(I guess..lol..I have not done this for two) melt half a stick of butter and use a sleeve of Ritz. Any left over Ritz you can lightly sprinkle on top of your chicken. Once you have made "your" recipe you will be able to use your own measurements!
For example...tonight Stuart is bringing home about 10 people to add to my 15 people. I used 6 sticks of butter (and had lots left over), two boxes of Ritz and 25 chicken breasts....I seriously doubt you will need those measurement:)
Yummy!
ReplyDeleteI think I'll have to try this recipe. And I love it that you don't use precise measurements. Neither do I! ;)
This is my son's favorite chicken dish. We first had it with some friends in Georgia. Her name was Debbie so Joseph calls it "Miss Debbie's Chicken". When trying to figure out what to have for supper, Joseph often asks for "Miss Debbie's Chicken"...a great recipe.
ReplyDeleteJudy :)
You can also use corn flake crumbs, or corn flakes rolled between two pieces of waxed paper to crumb them. I also use lemon pepper seasoning on mine, but at times kids don't like spicy hot food, except my grandson Joseph in the post above this one! I'll try it with ritz crumbs next time.
ReplyDeleteJudy's mom
We tried this tonight and it was a hit with everyone!! YUM!
ReplyDelete