Sunday, January 3, 2010

Changes my way....

We are back and into a nice swing of things:) Well, I am. Scott spent the day Saturday in Kentucky visiting Sam (he took Carlton and Michael with him). Lita wanted to go too, but only because she thought they were going "Bowling". When Scott explained the name of the town was Bowling Green and that they would not "be" bowling she changed her mind:)

Bella and I have been baking for the family get together (yesterday) We made 5 different cupcakes and had fun decorating them.

I went in Wal-Mart this morning and smiled at the lack of people. Amazing what a few days can do to traffic. I am sure the Wal-Mart Corporation is sad, but I am so very thankful to have been able to walk up to a check out and actually put my items on an already empty conveyor!

I realize that 2010 is going to bring some big changes. I am adding a new son (Bo by marriage) and one son (Caleb) is going to be moving out of the country with the Army. In a funny an older lady asked where he was going and I replied "Germany". She smiled and said, "At least he isn't going overseas!". haha...She was serious.

Lift will be changing. Both of those events are pretty traumatic for me. Perhaps "traumatic" is a bit much...I guess maybe I should say they are both very "impacting" to my life. Good things to be sure, but they each bring a serious change to my status. Joseph is thinking he will move to Texas after he completes his training with the Job Corp (that too is a long way from home). Changes keep coming.

Can you believe that when we ordered out this week they asked me how many children I had under 10 and I only have TWO!!! It was not to long ago we had 11 under 10. Now we are growing up. Next year I will have only Seth under 10....time is moving on. This new year is a testimony to change. I may never remember the write 2010 on my checks (likely a good thing I use my debit card so much!).

As long as I keep myself headed in the right direction I will be okay.

2010 promises to be wonderful and adventurous. My resolution is a simple one...I resolve to take God with me in all my ins and outs of this New Year. He will not be a number on my priority list, He will be IN every moment I experience! What can go wrong when God is with you? I think I should clarify and say....No matter what goes wrong if God is with me and my path still forward facing I can whether any storm, I can manage any moment, I can withstand any evil because my God is with me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment