Michael was baptized today. He and Scott had been studying for several weeks. Talks had taken place, questions been asked (and answered), even problem solving to see if he could apply his knowledge....and then came the understanding that Michael really was ready.
Scott stood with him and I so wish I had a video of the words he said. He talked about the providence of God (I sure did think of you B!!!). He told (after asking Michael to be sure he was okay with it) about Michael being born on the other side of the world, he talked about his journey and our lives being blessed through his adoption. He then told Michael this was the very last time he would ever be adopted, and the very most important time! We can see the very hand of God, we know that our lives have been blessed, forever changed by the sweetness of this redheaded freckled faced boy. Michael is going to be a great worker in God's kingdom. Today as Scott's voice broke and he had tears in his eyes I cried watching Michael follow his dad, watching as he looked up at Scott and tears filled his eyes. A super wonderful son we have and a tender hearted one at that. I hope he is always as tenderhearted and always as excited as he is today.
New blessings always make me smile:)
No comments:
Post a Comment