Monday, November 29, 2010

How Thankful I Am!!


I have been a bit crazy. Nothing new, but the situations, the happenings...new. So I am in the New Crazy phase currently. In the midst of that new kind of crazy I have had some HUGE blessings. You know I always have those blessings, I just managed to stop, "smell the coffee" and ENJOY them:)


Chelsea and Bo were here on Friday, HUGE joy! I stood for hours (literally) in the kitchen with Chelsea. We baked and talked and even made some grocery store runs. Joy. Simply being with my big kids is true happiness. As I worked on "Thanksgiving" dinner on Saturday Chelsea and Sarah did their thing....one could be in the middle of sweeping and the other just waltz right up take the broom and tell her "run get your shower" and finish sweeping. I nearly cried when that happened...isn't that silly? I seem to be currently stuck with Tweens and Teens who would rather DIE than offer that kind of friendship/sisterhood/Christian/be nice attitude. But, those attributes in action? Pure joy to a momma! Funnier still was Sarah's song on Friday night. All the kids drew a name of a sibling and wrote why they were thankful for that sister or brother. We read them after dinner on Friday ...how fun! Sweet, silly, true, beautiful....all rolled into the moment. Sarah wrote a song to Bo about stealing her sister:) He really didn't steal her, but the song was hilarious. I am pretty sure it ended in a "make it right" by making me a aunt (something she is relentlessly encouraging). I love the laughter and engaging conversations with my big kids and I love watching the younger ones follow suit. I am so thankful for my family. So very thankful for those who are being successful. I am eternally thankful for those who are Christians, those who live GOOD lives and are serving God as they should. Success.



There were about 44 of us celebrating at my house on Saturday. I sure do love my family. The kids helped with the table arrangements above...of course candy would have to be part of the arrangement:) I imagine half of it was gone, or rather consumed, before any company arrived! The folowing are pictures mostly taken by Chelsea at lunchtime.









How very thankful I am to God for my incredibly wonderful family!!

2 comments:

  1. What a gift from the Lord family can be!

    Cherish each and every moment of love, kindness, joy...

    Blessings from the oven, oh, I mean Northern Uganda,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tweens don't last forever. I am glad you got to enjoy your "big" ones :)

    ReplyDelete