What a trip!! For those who love and enjoy their children you can certainly understand that I had a WONDERFUL time with my "face-to-face" time with Chelsea and Bo!
I did get lost on the way down (well, the last 60 miles of off road that was suppose to save me time getting from the interstate to PTC). I am not sure I was really "lost" because I was in cities I knew, I just couldn't FIND the right way. What a sermon there is in that! How nice to finally get there and be with them:)
I could bore you with all the momma talks, with the way Chelsea woke early the next morning and climbed into bed with me to talk before we got up and began our day...LOVE the simplicity of those moments. We did shop a little on Thursday morning, Chelsea showed me some of the neatest little shops they have. It was nice browsing and just being with Chelsea. We met Bo for lunch at the Georgia Shrimp Co and he bought us the most wonderful meal! The weather was just perfect and we sat outside enjoying our meal and conversation.
After lunch we began baking. Chelsea and Bo had a youth group retreat over the weekend and Chelsea was in charge of making desserts. We actually made them together last year and continued this year. We made brownie bars and cookie bars and another bar and cupcakes and chocolate muffins and chocolate chip cookie and peanut butter cookies and I even tried iced sugar cookies (that did not turn out like my sweet friend Andrea's at all)!! I loved that time with Chelsea, working together and talking. SO SWEET! We did talk and talk and talk and talk and we baked:)
Thursday night we went to the "Taste of Home" live cooking show in Newnan. What fun! I have never been to anything like that and thoroughly enjoyed being with Chelsea and the wonderful ladies from her church.
Friday came way to quick and as Murphy's Law caught up with me ....my car died (thankfully in Chelsea's neighborhood) and I spent a few more hours trying to get it fixed. I did enjoy those extra yapping hours with Chelsae, but finally left my car and drove Chelsea's home. I had to be back to Henderson for Stuart's Homecoming banquet and time was running close! Today Chelsea and Bo are coming here and will be bringing my now "half repaired" car home and trading back.
I had a whirlwind trip of GREAT JOY!! I love these wonderful adults of mine:)
What a fun, sweet time. So glad you're able to do things that you love every now and then!
ReplyDelete