Monday, November 23, 2009

Big Brother Doug!

One of the neatest things about big brothers is the fact that little brothers are watching them. Truly what would be the use of a big brother without someone trying to keep up with them, trying to measure up to them, even trying to pass them up? I say it so often, but it is so true, my little boys sure do look up to the big boys. They try to be like them. I love that. I have some really neat big boys!! Those boys understand about family. They really do understand their responsibilities to family, but beyond that to individuals. I love catching them in those teachable moments. Last night Doug took Seth to spend his $5 birthday money from Uncle Thurman and Aunt Sandy. Seth was wanting a football "really bad" even more than that he felt he "needed one". I smiled as they left. I loved that Doug jumped in and took over that responsibility, and Seth probably loved it even more!

I did not realize Doug was going to get the camcorder. But when he came in smiling and asking if I would like to have it early because he knew we had lots of things coming up...OF COURSE I wanted it early (I am one of those silly people who hate to wait!). But in the middle of hugging and talking about the camcorder Seth was right there with us. He hugged me and said "I hope you like it." Doug made Seth part of that gift!! Seth stood with a big brother who did something for me....Seth stood with a big brother who set an example of giving, they talked about it and discussed it. As excited as I was about the camcorder? The example of big brotherhood I saw could have made me cry!

I am so very blessed with wonderful children:)

No comments:

Post a Comment