Thursday, June 3, 2010

My youngest.....maybe smartest? lol:)


I laughed today as Doug relayed a conversation he had with Seth. Doug was helping Dustin today with the 2-5th graders at church while they were making and painting marshmallow guns to sell at the Relay for Life. I know that it sounds crazy that our youth make guns to sell, but they make a BUNCH of money and it all goes toward cancer research.

The kids all went to lunch and sitting at Long John Silvers in a booth for two was where Doug(my current oldest at home guy) and Seth( our youngest) began a conversation:

Seth: Who've you been talking to late at night?
Doug: My girlfriend Grace.
Seth: Does she make you happy?
Doug: Yeah, she does.
Seth: That's a good thing, cause when you're sad she can make you happy.
Doug: And she's pretty too.
Seth nodded.
Doug: So which do you think's more important? That she's pretty or makes me happy?
Seth: Neither.
Doug: Neither? Then what IS important?
Seth: That she goes to church with you.


From the mouth of babes!! I love it:) I sure hope he always remembers that....I think Doug will! Maybe someday Doug will be able to remind Seth of those very perfect standards should the need ever arise!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love it. Truly out of the mouth of babes. Hopefully Seth will be just as wise when he reaches Doug's age!

    Love from the North,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete