
I have not said much about our church camp (lol...well only good things). It was a very hard week for me personally. For many years I have had Plantar Fasciits and really have a hard time being on my feet for extended periods of time. I planned on my feet hurting, and was not disappointed, they did. The work in the kitchen was very hard and was very time consuming. And it was extremely hot because there was no air conditioning. It was the pits (haha...literally and emotionally).
I arrived home and Scott let me go to bed (as most campers probably did). When I woke up though the week I had some numbness in my hands but it quickly left as I became busy. On Saturday morning my hands were numb to my elbows. I decided a trip to the Dr was in order. I actually was thinking I was having a stroke or was diabetic or something equally serious. I prayed on the way that I would not be seriously ill, and if I were? I prayed for my attitude and behavior to be what I needed it to be. Twenty minutes later I realized my prayers were answered. I was not dying. I actually am fine, with the exception of Acute Carpal Tunnel, which I have never had before. Now I am going to live, and that is a huge thing:) But I find myself seriously needing the second part of that prayer (the part about attitude). I doubt driving to Knoxville and Memphis would be considered "resting" this week. I doubt anything I do in my daily life is considered "resting" ....lol....certianly NOT blogging.
As I listened to the propaganda about camp. As I have looked at so many wonderful pictures I realize how quickly those negative feeling have slipped away (haha..not enough to ever do it again, well, not at the same place!). No matter what the circumstances, the Lord WILL use our efforts and our work to His Glory. The week, in spite of so may circumstances was a big success and will be remembered as such.
I consistently "preach" perspective and have had lots of time with my numb yucky hands to think about the what ifs! I am able to do what I need to do. I am not really sick. My kids have no clue I am "injured" and I have no desire to whine about it. So this is my vent....and then I shall be done! The outcome could have been very different! I am thankful:)
Perspective is a wonderful thing....wonderfully good and wonderful not so good:) Either way? It always makes it's point!
No comments:
Post a Comment