I loved this picture of Sethie and Scott's Dad:) Reminded of a story....
Kids are pretty funny. Their interpretations are usually unique. Tonight Sarah and Paden were at the kitchen table playing Scott and I in a game of Spades. Seth was sitting beside Paden thumbing through Paden's bible. Paden asked Seth his favorite book, Seth said,"Matthew". We asked him his favorite verse and Seth looked down and said, "Matthew 6:8". Then Seth began reading, "Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him." We smiled and talked about the verse as we played. Then a few minutes later Seth began singing:
He knows what you need....so don't ask him!
lol:) I love that Seth understood some of what he read. But, like us so often he added his own "slant" which is not a good thing. We often, like Seth, read one scripture out of context and think we have all the answers. Tonight at church our summer series speaker Dale Jenkins mentioned that if we all spent 15 minutes a day every day for the rest of our lives reading the Bible we would all be Bible scholars. We just can't pick the Bible up every once in a while and quote a verse thinking we are scholars. We have to spend time in the word!
For me, I love that my 8 year old can pick out a scripture and read it. I love that he is using deduction. We just need to keep him reading those verses, and work at building the knowledge in his sweet little head!!
No comments:
Post a Comment