We celebrated my birthday (which is actually tomorrow). I had a wonderful cheesecake (plain like I like it) and lovely gifts. I always love having my kiddos home and with us....it just makes for good times:)
As the day ended Sarah babysat so Scott and I could have some time together. Still thinking over the morning I told Scott....
I am not going to be one of those sweet mama's who goes to church and comes home to feed all her kids who only woke up in time for the meal. If they aren't at church there is no reason to be at my table. I will take grandchildren to church, and they are welcome to come back and eat with me....but not their "not living right" parents. I am doubly insulted by the lack of priorities I see in so many (and sometimes my kids too). I am insulted that I had a son who thought "I didn't' feel like it" is any kind of excuse. Not a chance it's good, unless they just got run over by a bus, unless they are in route to the ER, unless their wife is in labor, unless their loved one is dying. Although, if they had been at church yesterday Jim gave a beautiful example of the true meaning of worship and perhaps at the times you think you can't worship you will find your greatest hope. But the bottom line, is this...I will not feed wayward kids. Well, not on Sunday! It makes me to mad on the Lord's day....I guess they can eat with me on Tuesdays:) As I talked to Scott I told him we needed to find a way to make it clear that all our children understood this rule. Understood that we would not condone those who did not go to church and wanted family fellowship and a free meal after church. Scott smiled and said, 'You already have a way Amanda. You blog.' True. So here is my first installment of "Sunday lunch" ...... I want to be the house that children gather at. I want to be the cook who plans before and takes time to prepare for a Sunday meal. I want to have the most wonderful dinner table discussions about God. I want to ENJOY my children and I want that time to please God too. So, my Sunday dinner table will be an extension of worship....because that's how I feel!
Nuff said.
Great way to say it :)
ReplyDeleteWould you like to be my mama "mentor?" You have so much wisdom. I am so thankful to the Lord for leading me along your "path of life." As usual, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHugs from the North,
Summer
Good for you!! This is the family you want and you are an awesome example to all of them.
ReplyDelete