It is really a special thing to watch my younger brothers and sisters grow up. I am so much older than them (lol..seriously) that it is a lovely thing to see their success. This week I saw my baby brother Matt's beautiful family. How neat to see my way-way hyper brother being an incredible dad! Matthew has made some smart decisions in his life. He began with choosing a wife, not just any ole wife, a beautiful helpmate. He and Katie love God and they have a wonderful family in that far far away land (aka Katie's parents, sister and her family and brother). They have a lovely church family and friends of like age and priorities. Matt and Katie make being parents a sweet priority, and recognize it as the blessing it is. Miss Mattie, their almost 2 year old, is likely one of the most precocious little things I have ever met! As I drove home I called my dad and told him I was so sorry that he was missing out on knowing Mattie, I told him of her sweetness and personality, of her intelligence and smile. The new baby is wonderful, hard to hold a "new Caleb" without thinking about my Caleb....so quickly those days pass!
My brother got up each morning and made a huge breakfast....did you hear that? lol:) The second morning he even had my bread sliced and toasted. I so enjoyed being with him. I also enjoyed the afternoon with Randy. I have three brothers, all of whom I love so much.
I would love to have my whole family in Michigan to witness the love my baby brother has....but am very grateful they were enjoying a week at church camp rather than asking the age old question, "Are we there yet?".
These are some of the 800 pictures I took:)
Sarah on Marquette Mountain
Me and my little brothers, Randy and Matt
Sweet baby Caleb:)
Sarah and Mattie
Me and Mattie
Mattie(age 2) and her sweet cousin Addie (age 1)
Caleb and his mommy's hands
Katie and Mattie
Sarah and Caleb
My brother Randy
Matt and his two little ones:)
No comments:
Post a Comment