I am not suppose to be blogging much about Caleb, at his request for security reasons, but he will very soon be in a new place with a new goal and moving further from home rather than closer. This blog is for me and for Caleb!
God had plans for Caleb from the moment this world was created. God knew the path this world would take. God knew the how much time would stretch between creation of Adam and creation of Caleb. When God did create Caleb, He poured gifts into him that He knew would enrich not only Caleb’s life, but those around him. The slowest , sweetest, fattest, easy-going, best baby ever; not at all an indication of the man you would be. I sometimes wonder if you were storing up time for your busy future. You toddled and walked and talked with big words. Balls always in hand and a story on your lips, so many adults laughed at your great tales of your imaginary Grandpa. You were so headstrong, so opinionated, so strong willed. You refused to even write your name until you had perfectly perfected each letter. You sure did throw away a lot of paper. Your handwriting has always been impeccable. I still see it in you today. You work and work until you have each art, each challenge perfected. It is one of the most frustrating things about you and at the same time of of the greatest strengths you possess.
Now, you’re far from me. A man of his word, a man who is off perfecting a life I am simply a watcher in. No more fussing from me, no more prodding, no more redirection. You are in your place, you are in your time, you are in control of your choices, your impact. I am so thankful, so grateful, so eternally joyful to be your mom. I am so proud of you, of your choices, of your faith, of your place in this world. Of course there are times I want you here, beside me, with me, under my care and direction….then I remember who you are. You are a Christian, a brother to 20, a son, you are a musician, you are an artist, you are a reader, you are a gamer, you are an athlete and you are so much more……. you are a man who has given his life to a cause bigger than I can fathom, you are happy in your choices, strong in your commitment, proud of your country and you are the keeper of freedom….you are a soldier.
I am reminded of John 15:13 ……I have NO desire for you to lay down your life ( I have every hope and plan that you are home soon), but the very place you are, the very fight you fight, the very life you live….it is exactly as God intends! You make me proud every day! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment