Wednesday, March 10, 2010

No need to wonder...

Caleb sent me his cell phone number. It's a long line of numbers that sure don't look like a phone number...lol...but are:) I imagine all German numbers look like it. This morning I called our cell phone company and our land line company to see how much it would cost to call Caleb:

Verizon:

$1.68 per minute
or you can add...
$3.99 a month to my phone bill for a value pack and the calls would be:
27 cents a minute......

AT&T:

With a value package of $67.44 a month I can call Germany to Caleb cell phone for"
24 cents a minute.....

I want to write a letter to LAND LINES OF AMERICA and tell them....this is why people have cell phones!! I did expect a difference....but this much? Not really.

I imagine you can figure out which phone I will be calling my Caleb on:)

2 comments:

  1. Amanda,

    Look into prepaid calling cards...I know that AT&T used to sell them and I'm sure other companies do as well. Calling cards are what my parents used to call me and my husband when we were stationed in Germany...if I remember correctly, it was MUCH cheaper for them to call us that way.

    For the phone number, I'll use our old phone number to demonstrate what it all is -

    011 (international)
    49 (country code)
    611 (city code)
    790-1734 (actual phone number)

    Glad you have a way to contact him regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about trying 10-10-987? Calls to Europe are $0.53 to connect and $0.06/minute. Or try Skype. Skype to Skype calls are free, you would just need a headset. That is how I call Kazakhstan when possible. I'm not sure of the exact cost for calls from Skype to cell phones, but you could check out the web site.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete