I have been in a funk, concerns about Sam and the dread of choices I have no control over. I don't blog well in funks....well, I could blog negatively, but just prefer not to. I did read an article this morning that just about summed up our mental health help quest. Written by Judith Warner, the article "Children in the Mental Health Void" was some pretty realistic stuff! I believe the words “Navigation to nowhere” stuck me hardest. That is what this country is providing. We have countless evaluators, but once that evaluation is made you realize they are simply words. Words cannot help. Words help us understand what we are dealing with, but words do not keep my child safe, words will not keep others safe. There is no place to go beyond words. That is the stuff yuck is made of....I am so sick of the word "sad". I think the words mad, angry, frustrated, exhausted, and devastated might fill the bill better. If I were actually a sane person my sanity would be seriously threatened by the loss of hope with Sam.
In a hopeful, flip side of my parenting, this week has been a busy one! Bella and Tasha both are trying out for middle school cheerleader. They have been in clinic all week and will be having tryouts tonight. Mercedez said one day that "Bella said she wouldn't make cheerleader and I asked why she would try out if the knew she wouldn't make it?!". I laughed at Mercedez and said, "Bella is nosy, she wants to know what's going on and where else to find out than to be there!" Bella has had a great week, she has enjoyed knowing everything that's going on:) Tasha has gone from cheer clinic to softball tryouts. Today we will see how that goes....
I took this picture of my three softball want-a-bees as they came home about 8pm. Hungry, silly and wired it took a while to calm this trio down. If nothing else they sure have enjoyed tryouts!
I have to add the following picture, even though it took me a couple of days to do it. Chelsea was home on Wednesday morning. She got up to visit with the kids before they left for school. I snapped this shot(not a great picture of Chelsea and I apologize...that "look" is not what I pictured)....this whole picture, this sight, is one that I have witness for nearly 20 years. From the time Chelsea figured out how to help, she has been helping. Rosie stopped and asked Chelsea to put her hair up and of course she did. I thought to myself (and of course it makes me teary eyed) that this is the last morning ....these "pictures" will not be plenty anymore. I have no doubt that Chelsea will continue to be this kind of person, just not at my house (well, not all the time).
As Chelsea and Bo left Wednesday morning for Georgia I took this on their last trip out the door. They are so very happy! That alone can make me teary eyed for a whole 'nother reason! I have talked to Chelsea everyday, she is putting her home together. Trying to find places for all the beautiful gifts. She is funny (and I love it), last night she sent me a picture of her Living Room curtains, gifts she is now getting to enjoy:) These are the sweetest days for she and Bo!!
Life continues to be pretty well rounded: good and bad; happy and sad; rejoicing and grieving.....Life. I am so very thankful that my house is blessed with joy, in spite of the hardships!
Love the collage!
ReplyDelete