Caleb sent the kids a new basketball goal for Christmas. Our old goal, purchased by Doug, was run over by the mailman and the base broken (although my kids were still using it). The new goal is wonderful (and stands up without 16 concrete blocks!).
Sarah put it together Thursday after work...she worked from 3:40 until 11pm! Jacob helped some, Scott helped big time when he got home from work and a few of the kids were here and there helping. A HUGE job!
I laughed as I read this post from Sarah to Caleb:
Dear Caleb,
The kids are very thankful and super excited about the basketball goal. However, please never send anything that you can't be here to help put together. I have been outside since 3:40 and its very cold and I'm not as strong as you think. Thankfully dad was able to help when he got home. I love you lots. See you soon. And I'...m sure I will be thankful when I get beat Paden at a game of horse, because I always win. I think it just runs in the family.
Love, Sarah
Followed by Scott's addition:
Basketball goal is great!! Great gift to kids that will enjoy alot and I will practice so can beat you in a game of horse or maybe a game of supercalifrigiliousiscpalidosious - now how you say that in German :) :)
And Caleb's reply:
in german it is "mydadzanotgunawinnomatterhowlongthewordis"
I love it! I love computers, I love that Caleb is on the other side of the world and we can have conversations through email, the phone, and even facebook. I love that humor can be part of those conversations.
As Sarah was putting the goal together I told her that I was sure Caleb would LOVE to be here helping put in together. I did laugh and say, "If he didn't get mad at it and leave". Sarah quickly pointed out the obvious to us, "The old Caleb would have, the Caleb since he went into the Army would help me until we got it done!" The old Caleb would not have spent that much money on this brothers and sisters either.....from every encounter in life we can find good and I am ever grateful that Caleb's faith and love for God has strengthened in his time away and that he has a giving spirit. Not because of the "stuff" (lol..the kids might argue with that) but because of the example!! I love good examples!!
The goal was played on ALL weekend. I went to bed each night with people outside playing it and I woke up to people playing. It was loved and enjoyed by my family and all our friends. THANK YOU CALEB!!
PS. When I get my camera lens in I will take lots of pictures:) On a funny note....the Milan Youth Minister came in and said that Seth beat him playing ball. I laughed and said really? He replied "twice". He then said, "I couldn't guard him". I smiled and assured him he could. He said, "I thought if he could make it from where he was shooting he deserved to win...and he did" LOL:) That happens when you have 12 big brothers and a new goal and a HUGE love for ball!!
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment