
Jacob is a neat guy. I smiled this week as he related a story about his conversation with the ARMY recruiter. A month ago Jacob had an appointment with the recruiter. Jacob took off work and stayed at home working on the lawnmower while he waited for him. It was on one of our snow days, but not a "bad" snow day. Jacob was even ready early in case the recruiter came a little earlier due to weather. The recruiter didn't show, didn't call, until yesterday. He called yesterday to reschedule. Of all my guys, Jacob has the best work ethic (at his age certainly). Jacob is a hardworking, mean what you say person. If Jacob says he will be there, he is. His word mean a lot. I smiled, thinking that recruiter, sadly, probably didn't meet many guys like Jake and now? He will not be meeting Jake at all. Jacob told him, " I'm not interested in talking to you. If I decided to go into the Army I will talk to someone(meaning not this guy)." The recruiter not getting it explained that Jacob could call him anytime or text. He said he would always answer. Jacob told me, "Well, he could have texted or called me the day he didn't show up but he didn't". It's awfully hard to not respect Jacob's attitude. Jacob simply expects others to treat him as he treats them, sadly for this world, most people aren't like Jacob!
While I am yapping about Jacob I can't overlook the story Chelsea told me today. I had not heard it. Chelsea said she and Bo were talking this week and both realized that Jacob had sent them both messaged at 12:02AM the morning of their wedding. He told them he was happy for them and that he hope the day was great and that he loved them. Chelsea said she didn't remember talking to Jacob at the wedding (or much to any of her siblings for that matter). But it had really stuck with her that he cared enough to tell her. He knew the day would be crazy, but he wanted them to know he cared. I love that story:)
Caring and compassion, I sure do love seeing it coupled respect and love in my kids!
Jacob sounds like a special person!
ReplyDeleteHe is....and if he survives all his redneck silliness then I feel very confident he has everything he will need to make a wonderful man:)
ReplyDelete