Friday, February 26, 2010

Keeping the memories ...

Keeping the memory alive.


Those are such powerful words. I saw them as I was reading this morning about Dan Jansen. Dan has a foundation for leukemia, The Dan Jansen Foundation, created to keep the memory of his sister Jane alive.

Even though we don't all begin foundations, or head research and development, we all in our own way keep memories alive. I think over the last few weeks, for me, the toughest part of our joy was not having my sister, mother or grandmother with us. I know there are so many who have gone on, yet those three would have LOVED to share the day. Chelsea and Bo's cards from the wedding said just that, "Thank you for sharing the day with us!". Profound words. Big words.

In this life, whether it be long or short, sharing the days with those we love, remembering them and the love they have for us (and vice versa) is one way of sharing the day! In the movie Stepmom with Susan Sarandon (I always blubber through) the ending always makes me cry, as Susan Sarandon (who is dying) tells her daughter "take me with you, you can. When you are in trouble, have me there. When you are happy, have me there. That's how people go on forever because someone takes them along. When you have your wedding, when you have your babies, have me there." I always think of those words. I think about taking that love, the love of those I miss so much, and I take them with me!

The Olympics have brought on this blog, the beautiful skater from Canada who lost her mother during the Olympics. Which made me this of Dan Jansen, I can so remember the time of his loss and the time of his victory. Those we love impact us forever. And that kind of love, just as surely as the powerful love of Jesus, impacts our every single day. I think love is something we should always take with us:)

No comments:

Post a Comment