Monday, February 8, 2010

We have SNOW!

This morning I woke to cold but clear skies. Jacob walked downstairs to tell me that all the neighboring schools, as well as the Savannah Christian school, were all called off for snow. I smiled and though...nahh...we were might get rain, perhaps sleet, but no snow. At 7 am it began snowing, very pretty snow. Mercedez even stood while I took this picture:
On our way to school I got a call stating that school would let out at 11:30am. I decided Chelsea and I might be able to squeeze in a few chores before then, so I took everyone on to school. The snow continued to fall. After dropping off my kids I nearly slid into a ditch and promptly turned around to go back and get the kids. On the way back to school I received a call stating the buses had been turned around and school called off. Humm...good call! I picked up my children, called Jacob who was already at school to go home (he was on his way home) and called John, who was still at the house, to not leave. When I arrived home, almost an hour later? This is Sarah in the same spot!

We might have sleet and rain, but first, first we have snow. Lots and Lots of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment