Wednesday, February 24, 2010

visual Q's and music notes...

Caleb sent me a message along with a fun picture of one of his battle buddies as a child. The note asked (and I will quote),"....find a picture of me that looks like this one because i know there is one sitting around the house somewhere. Once you have found it, take a picture of it with your amazing camera and send it to me ..." SO as I looked through a bunch of pictures I found myself crying. Memories. They don't bother me, but like the words with a song, the faces with my memories makes me cry. Not really because it makes me sad, just the thought of how quickly this life is passing. So many of the pictures that touch me involve those whom I loved dearly that are no longer here.

I suppose so much of life SHOULD touch us this way. It should make my desire to live my life just exactly as God intends, not missing any moment, not losing sight of the goal. The goal is heaven and I sure intend to take those I love with me! But, more than that I have to live with the desire to take everyone with me: neighbor, friend, acquaintance, all...I know the Bible says I should love my neighbor as myself...meaning I should desperately desire that EVERY single person I meet is in heaven just as surely as I have that desire for my soul!

I think God gives us tender hearts so when we see these Q's, these reminders, it's a picture of what I live for.... these are a few:) I found these looking for Caleb's baseball pictures.....





And I suppose, in looking at these, it's the very thought that this sweet little guy is no longer little, no longer small. He is a soldier, in a land far away, fighting for the freedom of this country, the freedom for me to live my life for Christ. THAT can make a mother cry!! Not in sadness, but with great pride and love, knowing that my little boy is all grown up and a living example of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment