Wednesday, December 9, 2009

40


Today my sister would have been 40 years old. What a thought! I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that fact or even thinking about that vibrant 24 year old as an "older woman". While I am pretty confident the attitude and behavior would have been much the same, regardless of age, I will never know. Cancer took her at such an incredibly young age. My girls are nearly that age now. I think about my mother, who is now in Heaven with Stacy, and I have a greater understanding of her loss.

Life moves on and times change, yet some things never change. My love for my youngest sister among those unchanging facts. Silly, goofy,smart, loving, giving, caring, outrageous, nonconforming, defender of the underdog....just a few things I loved about Stacy. Note I did not mention the hard-headed, aggravating, do or die strength of character that made her resolve so very strong...but those were equally part of who she was.

We sing that song, "Heaven will surely be worth it all" and I know that is true. I have loved ones who all by themselves make Heaven where I want to be!

Happy Birthday Stacy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment