
Tasha was the "middle" girl in our sibs of 6, she was age 3. I cannot tell you how sweet she was! Bubbly, funny and so very cute. Also one of the most mistreated (what a gross foster mom!! ugh!!). Her spirit was intact and still very much is that way! She has one of those wills and personalities that just knows what she wants. I love that. The first time we saw her she had two of the sweetest braids and a Huge smile! The braids were likely to cover up the fact that she had a horrible case of head lice, clumps of missing hair. It is now even more incredible to me that I saw such a smiling bubbly child in spite of her environment. We were grateful she could stay the night with us at the hotel the night before we flew to TN. In part so we could wash heads and get ready to come home. I am always impressed with this wonderful daughter of mine!
I have heard many stories like this as my company Lice Squad is often called into foster homes by agencies to treat head lice. We have seen some horrific cases and it means so much to me that we can help these kids.
ReplyDeleteI have heard often of agencies like yours, but never actually "met" one:) Needless to say, I hate lice. It was a common occurance when we fostered and with as many kiddos as we have we have dealt with it "coming home from school with us" too.
ReplyDelete