I was so grateful to be able to go to Georgia and pick up my Caleb. My dad and step-mother, Clara Ruth, drove and it was an unusual treat to be able to spend that much time with them "alone". I was glad they (and Caleb) were able to be together too. Because of the security clearance Caleb has I cannot say much. But I can say I am so very very proud of this son of ours!!
I did not get to take my camera(as it had not arrived home from Montana yet) so I borrowed Sarah's(she needs a new one!). We were able to be at the graduation, bring him back to the motel, and drive home on Tuesday. We stopped Tuesday in Irondale and ate at the (former) Whistle Stop Cafe. It was the inspiration for the book (and later movie) Fried Green Tomatoes. We did eat fried green tomato's too:)
Arriving home? Joy! Hugs and helpers....
Caleb told Seth, "Here you can wear this, it has your name on it." Seth looked at Caleb funny and Caleb said, "Your name's Smotherman isn't it?" The "Oh yeah" expression was quick to hit Seth's face....cool things these big brothers of ours!
No comments:
Post a Comment