We all trampled in from church (children STARVING) and began getting our "Christmas" after church. We have appetizers to eat on "Christmas Eve". Sarah was being silly. She was throwing nuts and the boys (Stuart, Paden and Carlton) were trying to catch them with their mouths. Stuart was the only one lucky enough to catch that Brazillion nut! High Fives erupted and joy was spread....for a few minutes...at which time Stuarts throat "felt itchy and funny". Within 15 minutes I had little people's plate filled and was standing in the kitchen when Stuart walked close enough to me I could see him. Immediately I knew...lips were swelling, entire face was covered in hives and he was coughing. I turned to Scott and told him to take Stuart to the ER. He did (after silly Stuart nearly talked him out of it!! good grief!). Stuarts heart rate was really elevated, his respiration's low and very obviously in trouble. Nurses realized and ran him through pretty quickly. An epi pen, and a LOT of medication (along with IV fluids) and 5 hours later he was home. Scott stayed until he was doing better, then Sarah and Paden went to stay for a while and I got the food put away and went to relieve Sarah and Paden. Stuart and I walked in the door at 1am this morning. How very scary!! Stuart has eaten nuts before, never had ANY kind of allergic reaction. But, it is certainly true that Stuart is on a very serious NO NUTS diet from now on!!
BTW...this is a "look much better" picture taken around midnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment