Friday, December 4, 2009

bottom or top of the world?

You know how some days just seem to step on you and some days you tread on top of the world? I think I am going to invest in a ladder that will help me climb from the underside to the topside of life:)

This morning I woke and walked into the bathroom to find a stopped up toilet(and I probably do not have to be to very descriptive about what that sight looked like). I reached for my brush in the cabinet beside the toilet and in doing so I accidentally knocked my hair color(which I am intending to use just as soon as I have 35 minutes) into the toilet. I grabbed the unsunk side and fished it out (gross but the goofy stuff cost a whole lot of money...$7.99). The yuckiest part was reaction that box of hair color caused .....a splash that erupted out of the toilet and down my pant leg:( So, I went back into the bedroom and changed clothes. Some days begin with you on the bottom, ya know?

I drove my sweet children to school (that was not sarcastic, they really were all being extra great today). After dropping off my middle schoolers I had children moving seats. I really question that, one there is NO reason to move and two it sure doesn't make their "get out" time any quicker. But, Tori (the lone girl) threw a fit, a fussing crying fit, because the boys did not want her to sit with them. I had her sit down and let the three boys out, pulling her to the front for a quick talk before school. We talked about "how" to get your way, and about "what good behavior looked like". As she sulkily got out of the van, I thought about what the top of the world looked like....and arrived there!

Attitude is a choice. How I wish to be, how I want to be, how I will be.....all choices. So in spite of the yucky start of my day, it is all my choice as to the rest of the day. So today I will endeavor to live the example I preach:)

No comments:

Post a Comment